Question For My Readers

Question For My Readers

There are two films I don’t want to watch but I have to write a Dark Herald Recommends on one of the damn things.

So which one will I suffer through for you sadistic amusement.

Thunder Force?

Or Mortal Kombat?

Reply in the comments.

• Arthur Reply

MK!

May 7, 2021 at 2:47 pm
  • Shezestriakis Reply

Mortal Kombat please!

May 7, 2021 at 3:12 pm
  • Chief_Tuscaloosa Reply

THUNDER FORCE!, starring an overweight woman of no color and an overweight woman of color. From the Wikipedia entry (Infogalactic silent on this one so far):

When Melissa McCarthy’s character convinces Octavia Spencer’s character (BLM) to take a half-hour nap from studying in 1993, she accidentally causes BLM to oversleep and wake up late for an *AP* exam, straining their relationship and causing them to drift apart.

This movie sounds hilarious already, Herald of No Color! Pick this one please!

May 7, 2021 at 3:23 pm
    • SirHamster Reply

I thought you were joking. I really did.

“Time to google it. Oh, it’s a superhero movie. Okay, that guy was just making it up because that sounds plausibly stupid for a Current Year film.”

*start scanning the plot summary*

“Dear Lord …”

May 7, 2021 at 7:19 pm
      • Dane Reply

Let us be cruel and voat for Thundere Forcuu!

May 7, 2021 at 9:59 pm
  • Raymond Solar Reply

Watched both trailers. No one should be arm-twisted into Thunder Thigh Force.

Mortal Kombat.

May 7, 2021 at 3:32 pm
  • Teleros Reply

Mortal K-

“So which one will I suffer through for you sadistic amusement.”

Changed my mind. Thunderforce.

May 7, 2021 at 3:37 pm
  • JD Cowan Reply

MK. At least it can be compared to the better ’90s film.

May 7, 2021 at 3:46 pm
  • Star Tripper Reply

MK definitely. Thunder Force is just too easy of a target and it doesn’t need any publicity.

May 7, 2021 at 4:00 pm
  • Chris Lopes Reply

I wouldn’t have my worst enemy go through the pain of Thunder Force. Mortal Kombat is at least watchable enough not to give you a brain aneurysm.

May 7, 2021 at 4:29 pm
  • doug whiddon Reply

Thunder Force will make you claw your eyes out. While MK is just mediocre.

May 7, 2021 at 4:30 pm
  • Doc Reply

Thunder Farce. You said sadistic…

May 7, 2021 at 5:06 pm
  • Donald wheeler Reply

MK. Mindless fun. And the soundtrack is frickin 90s awesome

May 7, 2021 at 5:31 pm
  • Henry Reply

I watched the first 30 minutes of Thunder Force. My recommendation: avoid it like the plague.

May 7, 2021 at 6:05 pm
  • tommyvkvk Reply

Thunder force, because I enjoy pain; that is your pain

May 7, 2021 at 6:38 pm
  • WuTeBear Reply

Mortal Kombat: Annihilation please

May 7, 2021 at 6:55 pm
  • Sir Falter Brawley Reply

Mortal Kombat. No one should have to suffer through Melissa McCarthy attempting to act and be funny.

May 7, 2021 at 7:00 pm

Thunder Force; you could write a book on the poster alone.

May 7, 2021 at 7:12 pm
  • Robert Reply

Critical Drinker suffered through Thunder Force, and I can only conscience asking one expert liver murderer to take on such a task.

Mortal Kombat may be awful, but it might entertain in places.

May 7, 2021 at 7:44 pm
  • Ty Ping Reply

Our sadistic pleasure = you watch Thunder Force.
    I started watching it out of morbid curiosity, not expecting much at all, but I didn’t even bother to finish.
    I want to force somebody else to finish it!

May 7, 2021 at 7:52 pm
  • Moneky Boye Reply

Mortal Kombat please

I want to pretend that hidden figgers is no more

May 7, 2021 at 8:14 pm
  • Skyler_the_Weird Reply

I Think of Thunder Force as a drinking game where yo take a shot everytime an SHW trope is shown or spoken. There may have been one smirk in the whole thing. It made McCarthy’S ‘Superintelligence’ seem like an Oscar winner in Comparison. Go with MK.

May 8, 2021 at 12:13 am
    • Greybeard Reply

You mean McCarthy was in a previous film and after seeing her acting (anti-) talent, they *still* hired her to star in another movie?

Wow. Just wow.
      Don’t they know it’s much more efficient and “Earth-friendly” to just shred the bales of money and compost it for plants?

May 9, 2021 at 9:40 pm

She and her director husband, Ben Falcone are a package deal. The first movie they ever made together was Tammy. RT scores were 24% Critical and 36% Audience.

However, it pulled down $100 million against a budget of $20 million. They immediately got another film deal. They have made five films together and pulled down similar numbers (last movie launched during Covid so nobody counts it). So long as the budget is low enough, she was enough “fans” to make her profitable if not record breaking.

May 10, 2021 at 1:29 am
  • Blume Reply

Mortal combat. Thunder force sounds awful and I seem pretty sure I watched the drinker video.

May 8, 2021 at 5:22 am
  • John E. Boyle Reply

What have you ever done to me to deserve having to watch Thunder Force?

MK, please.

May 8, 2021 at 9:28 am
  • Killua Reply

Mortal Kombat! I am writing a review for it myself. Some things you can point out: (Some spoilers ahead)

Despite the fact that the franchise has a massive cast of 64 characters, they invented a new character for the main protagonist intead of turning him into a well known iconic one, which would have been more epic. (The characters gain their powers as the movie progresses)

The entire movie and mortal kombat franchise is based around a tournamet, yet the tournament doesn’t take place at all. All the fights are outside the tournament.

Sonya gets her powers at the very end of the movie. She practically doesn’t use them. A pity for such an iconic character.

The turned reptile into a creature from jurassic park instead of a fighter.

Raiden has a broken, OP ability which allows him to teleport anyone anywhere, which makes the good guy’s comeback way too easy. (He just teleports each hero right next to thevillain they want to defeat)

May 8, 2021 at 10:00 am
  • joe90 Reply

I have watched Mortal Kombat and there is no good reason for anyone else to watch it. Its better than streetfighter, It is better than Mario whatever (the one with bob hoskins) and it dose not give you rabies, so 3 positive things. Watch Thunder Force.

May 9, 2021 at 11:04 am