The New Doctor Who

The New Doctor Who

Or may as well be.

I thought Davies was going to go for a gay Pakistani myself but to each his own.

Lydia West isn’t confirmed but this is who the Wokeites want for Who. And in brutal honestly, they are the only people still watching it so if you’re Russel Davies, a Lefty producer, to begin with, catering to the audience you have instead of the one you want is just good business sense. After all, you don’t know if the Doctor Who well is so poisoned that none of the old fans will give it a second chance.

Naturally, the BBC while not in direct creative control will want to get it in its malignant say, and SJWs Always Double Down.

Oh, and the shippers got their way. Yaz and Jodie Doctor are a thing now. I’m not sure how big of a win this is, since even the incompetent Chris Chibnall hasn’t been able to change the fact that the Doctor was gendered male for the past 1,000 years, so it’s more likely that Jode Who forgot she doesn’t have a dick anymore.

I’d love to be proven wrong but I won’t be.

• Freddo Reply

EVE Online just announced a cross-over event with dr Who. The EVE player base tends somewhat older than most MMORPGs, and most players vented their distaste at the new dr. Who.

January 5, 2022 at 3:04 pm

“Like when the Emperor came back in Fortnite?”
      “EXACTLY like when the Emperor came back in Fortnite.”
      And yes, that really happened (https://youtu.be/0vHrQCKaJiQ?t=23) and was received as well as you can imagine.

January 5, 2022 at 5:37 pm
    • Nom Reply

I’m trying to figure out who gets what out of the EVE / woke Dr Who crossover.

EVE has always been more edgy and dark than most UK/US MMOs, with a moderate does of “take your lumps and get better” play style. That said, they are not above some virtue signalling, with cosmetic face masks and the like. Significant Russian membership in player base.

BBC is very much at the forefront of modern wokeism.

I don’t see very much potential for movement from EVE to the BBC. Going back the other way, I can see some portions of the player base who might like the references, but can also see potential for a lot of negativity, either new vs old Dr Who or just annoyance at the pollution of EVE lore. I suspect most players will farm the bennies without really caring much for the theme.

CCP Games (EVE producer) was acquired by Pearl Abyss of South Korea (publisher of Black Desert Online). It’s possible the deal might have been pushed through here, but I don’t see the incentive either.

January 6, 2022 at 5:05 am
      • Freddo Reply

EVE management has been tone-deaf to the players desires and chasing fads since long before the acquisition by Pearl Abyss. They recently launched NFTs in EVE, which was seen for the retarded cash grab that it is, but Pearl Abyss said in their yearly report they are going to push NFTs, so that will not be rolled back. Dr Who is about to launch a digital trading card game, so this is probably some effort at cross promotion of both games, as well as their mutual shitty cash grab technology.

EVE is currently working with Tezos, a blockchain NFT platform, so that should mean the transactions are public and people should be able to calculate how much of a failure or success this is. Of course there are whales who might buy NFT crap, but right now those assets are associated with social stigma.

January 6, 2022 at 8:52 pm

Man, but I hate them for ruining every franchise worth anything.

January 5, 2022 at 3:25 pm

Davies is a depressed gay atheist – but I’m repeating myself – and too old to believe that success can fill the void in his soul; at this point, he can either repent or double down on his so-called virtue, and sadly, for the moment he has picked the latter.
    “Oh, and the shippers got their way. Yaz and Jodie Doctor are a thing now. I’m not sure how big of a win this is”
    Not much of one. It’s my understanding that, for now, they have only confirmed that Yaz “loves” the Doctor, not vice-versa, and anyway there are only two episodes left before both her and Whittaker leave – so at “best” they’ll get a single tragic kiss that the audience will forget in two weeks and then never see each other again.

January 5, 2022 at 5:46 pm
  • Horatio G. Reply

For all their talk, leftists in the film and tv industry will still almost always pick a mulatto actress over a dark black woman.

January 5, 2022 at 10:34 pm
  • Joe S.Walker Reply

Looks like the well-known definition of insanity is going to be illustrated again.

January 6, 2022 at 6:52 pm