Kay Kay Deathwatch?

Kay Kay Deathwatch?

As of this writing, it is now Noon, Oct 28th, and Kathleen Kennedy’s contract extension remains unsigned by Bob Chapek.

I had recently predicted that I was quite certain she would have her contract renewed.  Now I’m not so sure.

When Bob Chapek won his battle with her over Star Wars a deal was apparently struck.  She would stop fighting him over Star Wars but in exchange, he would fast-track an Indiana Jones movie that she would have complete autonomy over.  She would remain as the President of LucasFilm until it was in the theaters. Then she would move on after having had this massive triumph.

A rumor was leaked by Doomcock that Indiana Jones and Phoebe Waller-Bridge would travel back in time to fight Nazis.  They would meet Young Indy, who would then get freaking killed. Old Indy would vanish in a puff of Butterfly Effect.  Deleting him from history completely.  Phoebe would then pick up his hat and have all of Indiana Jone’s adventure in his place.  And then going on to have further adventures on Disney Plus.

It sounded too stupid to be true.  I had blown it off too, having forgotten the second rule of SJWs.  They always double-down.

Then, a few weeks ago some British tabloids ran a story confirming most of Doomcock’s rumors.

I missed something important here. The timing of the story.

The reaction to the leaks has massively damaged Kennedy at a moment when she is at her most vulnerable. Right before her contract would have to be renewed.

Disney has direct influence over the tabloid press.  They would run with a story Bob Chapek feeds them.

I had thought that Chapek knew about her plans for Indy and just couldn’t do anything about them but quietly seethe.  It didn’t occur to me that he might have beeen delighted that she was building a bomb that she was going to be sitting on top of.

Last week, Unnamed Indiana Jones Project V was pushed back a full year.  Obviously for massive retooling.  Without first announcing the signing of Kay-Kay’s new contract.

• Christopher Lopes Reply

If they had wanted to do “female Indy” all they had to do was let Ford (and his CGIed stunt double) fight along side said female Indy and at the end hand her the fedora saying (quite truthfully) “I’m getting to old for this stuff”. Instead, they want to erase the entire timeline for 3 movies. Yeah, I hope Chapek doesn’t sign KK’s contract.

October 28, 2021 at 6:27 pm
    • Herman Sheeple Reply

These “woke” femin*zis have zero talent and so the characters they create are lame, broken and boring just like them. These idiots need to destroy the old characters and shame them to have any chance of appealing to the lowest common denominator, their twisted brainless racist sexist ilk.

October 28, 2021 at 11:12 pm

Fingers crossed

October 28, 2021 at 6:39 pm
  • Chief_Tuscaloosa Reply

So Cheapek is NOT a total idiot? Wow, this is some awesome knife in the back timing. I’m impressed, Bob.

I mean, I’m a Christian that wants Devil Mouse to continue shivving every property they own until the Devil has to come up with even more money to prop DIS up. But telling everyone KK’s big surprise right before her contract terminates–even I am enjoying this. Also, the next actor to play Indiana Jones SHOULD be female. And a woman of color. And a paraplegic. Also blind. Plus gay. If there are any fans left after that, I’m out of ideas on how to ruin the franchise further.

October 28, 2021 at 7:20 pm
    • Herman Sheeple Reply

Amen. Let the mouse burn. 🔥🔥🔥 Can’t wait to see Walt’s Pedoworld closed down.

October 28, 2021 at 11:28 pm

“Phoebe would then pick up his hat and have all of Indiana Jone’s adventure in his place.”
    Were they going to insert her digitally into the footage from the original movies? That would have been beautiful to behold.
    “The fan reaction to the story was extremely negative and the institutional investors have to be furious that this idiot is once again train-wrecking her way through yet another franchise.”
    Something else that may be relevant: Star Wars High Republic is still going on, but try and find me ten people that actually care.
    “She might still get her contract extended but if it hasn’t been signed by Monday, she will no longer be the president of LucasFilm.”
    So Chapek may have reined Feige in and deprived Kennedy of all her power? Is he going to force Auntie Brie to apologize for having a flat bottom next?

October 28, 2021 at 7:39 pm
  • Talos Valcoran Reply

Don’t… don’t give me hope.

October 28, 2021 at 8:01 pm
  • Herman Sheeple Reply

Chapek is going to sign it. He is probably just sending Kennedy a message to get back in line. Disney is “woke” 100% to the point of no return imo. The Cabal are going all out to spread their poison and Disney is expendable.

October 28, 2021 at 11:05 pm
  • Kyle Reply

Ok so it looks like Indy is going to be in a time travel movie. Surely they wouldn’t do something stupid like having indy riding a t rex like a horse while he’s fighting nazis. Are they going to bring the nazi priest guy from raiders back? Where the ark never killed him but gave him time manipulating powers?

Ahh, what am i saying? Those would probably be good ideas compared to what Kennedy has planned.

October 29, 2021 at 5:39 am

interesting take.
    even if true though, i’m still not going to believe that Cheapek has my best ( or even my entertainment ) interests at heart.

October 29, 2021 at 10:36 pm

He does not. He has no interest in entertainment at all. He’s not capable of it. Every time he opens his mouth I’m hearing the voice of every freshly minted graduate of CFO school who ever lived.

October 29, 2021 at 10:55 pm
      • Chief_Tuscaloosa Reply

There’s a great bit in the movie “The Player” with Tim Robbins where a studio executive recommends eliminating writers in the industry as a cost-saving measure. Non-sarcastically.

Bob Chapek graduated with honors from that school of thought.

Related: just saw a Disneyworld commercial where various United Colors of Benetton mumble through a mask about how great Disneyworld is. Yeah, that’s what I want to do in July in Orlando–wear a polyester mask while I mumble through a mask that $7.50 for a small Coke is highway robbery.

October 30, 2021 at 5:28 pm
  • joe90 Reply

It is now

23.00, 31-10-21 in Spain, 1 hour to go, Goodnight.

Tomorrow will be the most interesting star wars day iv had since the Phantom Marketing (I honestly thought the advert for the pod racing game based on the film, which i had seen for the first time, on the same day, 2 hours before the film, was better than the film, after seeing the film & my mate who had seen both with me, because we were at his house before going to see the film, said FUCK YES, that was crap.).

October 31, 2021 at 10:02 pm