That Was Your Big Reveal?!?!?

That Was Your Big Reveal?!?!?

You know how there was supposed to be this huge reveal on this week’s WandaVision? That it was going to be up there with the Return of Luke?

Was it going to be Magneto? Maybe there would be a walk-on by Chris Evans or RDJ? Could it be the first manifestation of Galactus?

Yeah, not so much.

Since episode freaking one, ALL of the long-time Marvel Comics fans instantly identified the character of Agnes as the witch Agatha Harkness.

In fact, the Easter eggs have made it so obvious that Agnes was Agatha, that I had dismissed Agnes as the big reveal weeks ago. I mean, I was sure she was Agatha but I was equally certain that she was a red herring.

So about that…

And I don’t want to hear anything about me still watching Disney Plus.

You don’t know what is going on in my life.

What?

I just like pictures of Robert Newton.

Okay, I’m done here. And I’m tired of your unfounded accusations.

• David Reply

You have to watch Disney Plus so the rest of us don’t have to.

It sounds like WandaVision is mostly just filler, kind of like much of the Netflix Marvel shows.

February 20, 2021 at 7:40 pm
    • Kyle Lulka Reply

Not unless the rest of us pirate it. Although, is this series even worth pirating?

February 20, 2021 at 10:32 pm
  • Blume Reply

I don’t even know why I seem supposed to care about this Agatha woman.

February 20, 2021 at 9:00 pm
    • Patrick McNally Reply

This sounds like an attempt to appeal to nostalgia by older readers. I remember reading comics with the character of Agatha Harkness way back in the 1970s and ’80s. But all of the old great stuff has been so overbaked multiple times by now that I would think one must be mentally deficient to be in any way excited by a rehash of it now.

In my opinion Jim Shooter came the closest to the mark of seeing how Marvel should have done things. Supposedly when he was booted out in 1987 he had wanted to retire a lot of Marvel’s characters and Stan Lee resisted this. Big mistake by Lee. Whatever errors Shooter might have been susceptible to I think that everything would have remained much more wholesome if his will had prevailed.

February 20, 2021 at 11:46 pm
      • Blume Reply

Everything I hear about Shooter seems to say nothing was wrong with him. He was right in every way, just evidently all the comic book people were babies and prima donnas who didn’t wanna work.

February 21, 2021 at 3:00 am
  • joe90 Reply

LMAO, keep watching and reporting. This is better than the real thing.

February 21, 2021 at 2:20 am
  • Bryce Reply

The song freaking rocks!

February 21, 2021 at 6:02 am

I admit I did like The Munsters vibe it had.

February 21, 2021 at 12:51 pm
  • Joe S. Walker Reply

Isn’t the song hanging a very big lampshade on it all?

February 21, 2021 at 11:32 pm
  • Bob Reply

I don’t know how anyone didn’t know she was Agatha, look at it this was; AGatha harkNESs.

February 22, 2021 at 12:43 am
  • Dane Reply

I understand why you´re watching it, blog about Comics should mention/review comics in pop culture. Personally I think that your audience may have been over-exposed to the lamestream and so in frustration tend to lash out a bit.

We should be cognisant that Arkhaven need to attract “normies” to be able to expose them to real comics and thus give our Dark herald a break.

February 22, 2021 at 4:15 pm
  • Falter Brawley Reply

Yar har, fiddle dee dee.

February 23, 2021 at 11:44 pm