Is Kathleen Kennedy Getting her Contract Renewed?

Is Kathleen Kennedy Getting her Contract Renewed?

Such a move would be fatal to what is left of the Star Wars fanbase.  She is the most reviled personality ever connected with the franchise to include freaking Jar-Jar.  Renew her contract and you may well as pander to the Reylos because you will have absolutely no one left.  Except, the Reylos have already dipped out, after ROS.

Both the Mom & Pop and the institutional investors are clearly hostile to the idea. A number of Bob Chapek’s reforms would be reversed if he renewed Kray-Kray Kay-Kay’s contract and it would seemingly (put a pin in that one) weaken his own position within the company.  Green lighting and fast-tracking Indiana Jones 5, only makes sense if it was a face-saving gesture to smooth the way for her exit from Disney.

However, the usually reliable Mikey Sutton has put his dick on the table by claiming that his sources say that Kathleen Kennedy’s contract will be, contrary to business and common sense, renewed at the end of October.

First let me remind you, that while usually reliable, Sutton is the only one saying this at the moment.  If WDWPro chimes in, then it’s a done deal but he hasn’t said anything as of this writing.

If true, why would Chapek do it?

STOP!!!

I know a bunch of you quit reading and are about to run down to the comments to write about Kathleen Kennedy’s vault of pedo-blackmail material but think about this for a second.

Look at the risk/reward for Kennedy.  If this vault does exist, then it is a MAD nuclear option. She can’t press that button without risk of self-destruction.

Exercise it once on one person and every other rich and powerful person in the vault knows she can’t keep her mouth shut.  Her continued existence is a threat to all of them. “Say hello to Epstein for me, because Mister Sandman is coming.”

However, there are blackmail materials other than the type that would get you killed if you tried to use it.  And she has been in Hollywood since the mid-Seventies when no one had the brakes on.  She probably does have dirt on most of the big names who have lasted thirty years.

But she probably doesn’t have anything at all on Chapek.

The fundamental problem with a Chapek blackmail scenario is that he was never part of that world. He is the first CEO of Disney that did NOT come up through the Hollywood side of the company.  The Club never had a clue about this guy until he was suddenly in Walt’s seat.  Sure, the moneymen knew about him but Hollywood didn’t have a hint that he was coming.  He never interacted with them on a daily basis until last year. He was a UFO until he had the job.

Getting back to my question of why do it?

Chapek knows about all of the downsides firsthand.  Why do something so massively against his own self-interest?

Because it’s not against self-interest.  Not anymore.

Recently, I cut out some Black Pill speculation from an article I was writing on the new Disney Civil War.  Here it is now:

“There is one nightmare scenario for Star Wars fans. Kennedy might get her contract renewed.  Yeah, I know but hear me out.  The risk/reward for Kennedy if she backs Feige and CAA is all risk and no reward.  But if she backs Chapek, then the reward side of the equation favors her strongly.  Chapek is the one that can do that.”

Scenario: “Bob!” A rather startled Kathleen Kennedy exclaims.  “I really wasn’t expecting to see you.”

“It’s a surprise visit, my dear,” Chapek is sounding remarkably like Scar from the Lion King. “I’d heard you’d had a spot of bother with your Indy movie thing.”

“You know I have,” she replies acidly, sounding much like Cruella.  “Harrison’s hurt and it’s probably a career ender.  I will get this movie in the can but it’s not going to be ready until after my contract expires.”

“Which means you are not going out on as big of a win as you were hoping for,” he purrs smoothly.  “Somebody else will be getting a lot of the credit for all of your back and shoulder breaking hard work.”

“Yesss,” she hisses at him.

“If only I could help, my dear,” he replies with the coldest sympathy.  “But I’m up to my eyebrows with this Black Widow business.  Mister Lourd at CAA is causing me all sorts mischief.”

She looks up sharply.  A shark that has smelled blood in the water.  “Bryan is causing you problems?” She laughs knowingly.  “I’ve known him for decades. I could tell you some stories about him.”

“Could you? Indeed?”

I’d wondered if something had changed behind the scenes because Kevin Feige suddenly went from pissed off to being a lamb about his movie releases last week.  If Kennedy is suddenly in Chapek’s corner that means Frank Marshal is now backing him too.  That stops a lot of the momentum that was building against Chapek.

True, you still have a ton of problems with Star Wars but it was wrecked anyway.  Is it going to be more wrecked now?  He has had to write off billions this year, why worry about a lousy four billion that got spent nine years ago?

Bottomline: Renewing her contract is possible but there still might not be anything to it.

Developing.

• Chris Lopes Reply

The question is does Chapek really need her, and would her help be worth putting up with her for a few more years?

August 22, 2021 at 7:19 pm

He doesn’t need to renew her for more than the one standard year he is giving everybody now. That’s enough time to fullfill his half of their previous bargain and get Indy 5 “exclusively in theaters” next year.

August 22, 2021 at 8:22 pm
      • Chris Lopes Reply

Well if it’s only for 1 year, then that might be an acceptable price to make SJ’s suit to go away. I mean she’s already done an incredible amount of damage to SW, another year won’t matter.

August 23, 2021 at 12:19 am

*queue Mission Impossible theme

August 22, 2021 at 8:27 pm

Articles in the weekend? We must be doing something good.
    “the usually reliable Mikey Sutton has put his dick on the table”
    Ew. Anyway, the scenario you present is sensible and realistic, and, if you look at recent SW Expanded Universe material, there’s the feeling that everything is doubling down on the Kennedyverse: both Mandalorian and Bad Batch have cloning experiments in them (connection with Snoke and Clone-Palpatine?), the recent Vader comics have him going to Exegol and finding the Sith cultists and Final Order fleet (yes, it’s being prepared three decades earlier than the sequels) and the current crossover event has brought back Han’s old flame from Solo (the one played by Daenerys). Maybe the Kenobi show will have Rey in it as a vision, I dunno.

August 22, 2021 at 8:40 pm
  • furor kek tonicus ( Whipper Snapping Egg Suckers is my band name ) Reply

Cataline

bwahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
    okay, you literally got me with that one. i’m not on the floor but i am LOLing.
    Cataline
    Say hello to Epstein for me, because Mister Sandman is coming.”

a – i think it’s almost as likely that Epstein is still alive as it is that they whacked him and did one of the most blatant and obvious cover ups in the history of Conspiracy Theories. it wouldn’t have been much more difficult to cart Epstein out under heavy sedation and / or procure a body double corpse than actually liquidating him.
    b – it’s not the Sandman who comes for the dead.
    c – it’s not so much the willingness or desire to use this material which would allow Kathy to wield control, it’s THE ABILITY TO MAKE A CREDIBLE THREAT of using it. it’s only the actual implementation of the threat which would thus trigger the probable dire consequences.
    d – WOMEN TEND NOT TO BE PARTICULARLY GOOD AT STRATEGIC THINKING. and we know for a *certainty* that Kathy is NOT an exception to this general rule, given her demonstrated ability to FAIL at doing anything coherent with Star Wars that requires more than a 6 month time frame. after TFA, did she ever actually go 3 months without publicly screwing something up? probably early on.
    women are, however, obsessed with Social Dominance Games and hen pecking. IF Kathy is making the typical Queen Bee female error of thinking that she can just browbeat her way into getting whatever she wants if she just makes herself enough of a bitch about it, she could very easily wind up jamming her tits into a wringer before she realizes that she’s gone too far and that she’s found somebody who not only isn’t going to put up with any more of her stupid shit but may actually be willing to hurt/kill her over it.
    Cataline
    And she has been in Hollywood since the mid-Seventies when no one had the brakes on. She probably does have dirt on most of the big names who have lasted thirty years.

this is a point well made.
    those with long memories will remember that Don Henley wrote this song
    because he was whining about being caught with a naked 16 year old prostitute in his house after he called 911 because she OD’d on cocaine at one of his parties.
    his “defense” for this scandal was that he was asleep in his master bedroom and he never had anything to do with her

she was only in his house because HOLLYWOOD PARTIES REQUIRE YOUNG PROSTITUTES IN ATTENDANCE TO BE FREELY AVAILABLE AS PARTY FAVORS.
    extrapolate that to Cataline’s point …

August 22, 2021 at 9:23 pm
    • MrUNIVAC Reply

Haha, that’s what this song is about? I just figured it was about s***heel “journalists” and had no idea that there was an actual story behind it. You learn something new every day!

August 22, 2021 at 11:48 pm
    • Brick Hardslab Reply

Could I get a guy out of max at any close custody prison I worked at? Solid maybe.

Could I keep a lid on it forever? No. I’d need too many people in on it and the guy is too high profile.

Plus dead, all you have to do is produce the body. So what if he’s obviously strangled instead of a suicide? You could drop a gorilla in his cell like they tried the first time or as in this case just lose the camera footage. Far fewer people to bribe or threaten, the problem is gone and you have a couple of guys you fire for sleeping on the job. Much cleaner and easier.

August 23, 2021 at 2:14 pm
  • furor kek tonicus ( Whipper Snapping Egg Suckers is my band name ) Reply

i am waiting for Doomcock to commit suicide in the most ironic way possible, so this isn’t all negative.

August 22, 2021 at 10:10 pm
  • MrUNIVAC Reply

I was admittedly a Star Wars whale from the 90’s through TLJ, and today I can’t muster any kind of reaction to the franchise except stone-cold indifference. Kennedy might get her contract renewed? Oh well. At this point my expectations of anything good coming out of modern Lucasfilm are basically zero, with or without Kennedy, because modern entertainers would rather preach wokeness than entertain, make money, or God forbid, make the fans happy. Any entertainment resulting from their decade-long circle-jerk is purely incidental.

Even as far back as TFW I didn’t like where things were going with Star Wars, and since TLJ was the cinematic equivalent of the director and producer screaming “go away and GF, loser man-child” for nearly three hours, I’ve redirected my leisure time and money to products which DON’T proudly proclaim their hatred of me and mine.

My true love for Star Wars was forged by the classic LucasArts video games from the 90’s up through Force Unleashed, so it’s also been a real bummer that the last decade of Star Wars games have ranged from OK to awful. Battlefront looked nice but was shallow and got old quick. Battlefront 2 was the same game with a horribly written bait-and switch campaign, and its loot box mechanic was so predatory and transparently a cash grab that governments worldwide nearly got involved before EA backed off. Fallen Order seems promising, but I keep wishing that I was playing as Starkiller with his awesome Sith powers, funny assassin droid, and HB10 girlfriend/love interest, instead. Seriously, I didn’t even realize Cere Junda was supposed to be a woman until I looked up the Wookieepedia page. As for Squadrons, what should’ve been a return to glory days of the PC space sim had me pissed off roughly 20 seconds into the first cutscene because apparently Vader had nothing better to do than waste massive fleets mowing down Alderaanian refugees, No Russian-style.

Luckily there are still examples of what a group of dedicated fans with a love of the material can do. A small team recently released a total conversion of TIE Fighter (my #2 all-time favorite game) remade in 1999’s X-Wing Alliance, and it is GLORIOUS. Go play this instead of giving more money to woke companies that hate you!

August 22, 2021 at 11:38 pm
  • Sensor Sweep: Thundarr, Carnelian Cube, Pranks, Iron Wind – castaliahouse.com Reply

[…] Wars (Arkhaven Comics): Such a move would be fatal to what is left of the Star Wars fanbase.  She is the most reviled […]

August 23, 2021 at 4:30 am
  • Talos Valcoran Reply

Maybe this is one of the reasons why Chapek limited everyone’s contracts to one year, so as to get as much use out of them immediately before cutting them loose? Is Feige in the same boat?

August 23, 2021 at 9:14 am

Yes, when Feige’s current contract expires, he’ll be working from year to year unless Chapek changes his mind.

August 23, 2021 at 1:35 pm
  • Star Tripper Reply

I saw the Star Wars movies in theater when they first came out. They were fun. I skipped the prequels. I saw the first sequel and skipped the rest. I can’t get excited about “rescuing” this franchise because pop culture is like popcorn. Tasty and yummy when done right but not very nutritious. If the fans in their rebellion bring down the Hellmouth well that would be a good thing but resurrecting the franchise so you can buy more action figures????? No thanks.

August 23, 2021 at 12:16 pm
  • Marielle Redclaw Reply

Forget the studios

Start making your own content and spreading it online under pseudonyms

Go beyond fan fiction. Drove them nuts trying to chase it all down.

I’m toying with a tale about a populist empire that opposes the Force itself because, let’s be honest, it causes nothing but misery.

The Galaxy: We have achieved peace and freedom. This is the way.

The Force: Hold up! (spontaneously births an entire new generation of SuperSith)

The Galaxy: God damn it, Force!

August 23, 2021 at 5:10 pm
  • JJ Abranose Reply

Star Wars is fake and gay now

August 23, 2021 at 6:59 pm
  • Ivan Poland Reply

Of

If KK has dirt of the illegal kind, isn’t she guilty of aiding and abetting said illegal activities?

Cop: So Kray Kray, if you knew about this evil why didn’t contact the police with this evidence?

KK: …..

August 24, 2021 at 4:38 pm
  • Herman Sheeple Reply

Star Wars is dead (imo) and Disney seems hell bent on pushing CRT and anything and everything “woke”. Disney doesn’t seem to be in the business of making money anymore so renewing KK contract makes sense. The globalists will continue their destruction of our culture and the “Patriarchy” (aka the traditional family) in order to destroy our nations from within and bring in their NWO slave state.

September 5, 2021 at 3:15 pm