Tuesday Morning Irritations

Tuesday Morning Irritations

I’m stealing time like a thief at the moment.

I’m still grinding my teeth over Black Rifle Coffee Company’s Tom Fuckery on the New York Times. I’m mad at myself for having been that much of a chump about those guys. All the signs were there, they never really hid that they were Cuckservatives in 2nd Amendment hats. I chose to believe that they were trying to keep below the eggshells and rotten tomatoes while running a company as best they could. Nope, they are Evan McMullen cuckservatives. Lesson learned.

“Thank you for your service,” died eighteen months ago. People don’t care about that anymore. The well of sympathy is dry and the tears no longer flow. This “company by and for veterans” thing they are still doing is trying to milk a dead cow.

This comment says it all, ” And it’s sad that we’re just such an in-joke on the Left. They just make some nice noises, build goodwill, make a gazillion bucks off of it, and then drop the punchline and high-five each other for rooking us, yet again.”

At least I don’t have to pretend their shitty Folger’s level coffee is good anymore. If you’ve got a local roaster, support them instead.

Then I start roughing in tomorrow’s Arktoons roundup. Chicago Typewriter is going to get a second book, which is super good news, I really do like that comic book. I’m storing the artwork here at the moment. Which is how this post got startedin the first place.

Image

It looks good and I’m looking forward to it.

The pain in the butt was that I had to pull images off of Twitter and if you search Twitter for Chicago Typewriter you get swamped by a K-drama of the same name. Which wouldn’t be so bad but the K-drama actually looks interesting. It’s about three Korean resistance fighters who died during the Japanese occupation and are reincarnated today. It was damn distracting.

• Silent Draco Reply

Very nice artwork. The tropical-style floral print dress is in period, maybe a little cold most of the year there. Rain falling like bitter tears over the asylum – perfect metaphor.

First book was amazing, with good art and a gripping story.

July 20, 2021 at 3:40 pm
  • Michael Maier Reply

I don’t get the BRC coffee thing. I thought it was just “meh” the few times it’s been served at gun events. Not bad but nothing to spend that much $$$ on, either. I shrugged it off to marketing to people that want to be catered to.

Honestly, I figured BRC was sending free coffee to the class hosts to drum up business from their customers.

July 20, 2021 at 5:14 pm
  • Robert W Reply

There was a lot of hubris around how hilarious and interesting Matt Best (and by connection, BRC) was 3 or 4 years ago in my work. I didn’t really get it. So I bought his book and listened to it on audio. It was a genuine teeth grinder to go through, he’s a horrible and selfish person and it shows through.

It is good when the rest of the genuine Americans can notice the wolf with the sheep, because after this NYT mess it’s not hidden anymore.

July 20, 2021 at 6:15 pm

I’m glad I never bought any of Cuck Rifle’s crap. I hope they quickly go out of business.

July 21, 2021 at 12:09 am

Cataline
    I’m mad at myself for having been that much of a chump about those guys.

you only ever had to ask two questions to figure out whether or not you should support them:
    1 – what is the ethnicity of the company owner
    2 – who is the source of the funding for this massive advertising campaign
    i am still surprised you got taken in, even without asking those questions though. they never struck me as anything better than hipster metrosexuals playing GI Joe … with a budget big enough that they could rent tanks and helicopters.
    on the plus side, every dollar wasted buying BRC swill is one less dollar competing against me to buy ammo.

July 21, 2021 at 12:40 am
  • jorgen b Reply

BLACk rifle coffee. The word black was a red flag. Why the rifle gotta be black?

July 21, 2021 at 1:35 am
  • Talos Valcoran Reply

I’m just confused as to why they talked to the Times at all – was something even worse for their company image on the horizon?

July 21, 2021 at 8:44 am

Cuck Rifle is opening a bunch of brick-and-mortar shops, including cafes inside Cabelas/Bass Pro Shops. Rumor is they’re also going public.

July 21, 2021 at 8:50 am

They are doing all that. Hence the panicked interview at the Times where Hafner dropped the mask completely.

July 21, 2021 at 10:55 am

Their public story is that the Times gave them the standard line of, “we are doing the story no matter, this is your chance to get your side of the story out there.” I suspect this is one of those very rare instances where the respondents’ answers actually changed the tone of the story since BRCC was so blatantly enthusuaisatic in their own self-destruction. Their Fox News damage control interview was skin-crawling worse. Dana Loesch took them by the hand and led them to each answer they were supposed to say. Giving Cucks a chance to say, “see they aren’t Woke, Fox News says so!.”

July 21, 2021 at 10:53 am
  • Dane Reply

That the people who gave them money needed the latest interview to see says a lot…

July 26, 2021 at 9:51 am