Drinker Watches the Teela Show for Us All

Drinker Watches the Teela Show for Us All

Which is good because I wasn’t taking that bullet for you guys.

Honestly, I don’t give a fuck about He-Man. There are basically two types of Gen-Xer. The Prince Gen-Xer and the Micheal Jackson Gen-Xer. It was an inter-generational thing depending on your age.* He-Man was for the Michael Jackson portion of the Real Greatest Generation.

I don’t have a dog in this fight which not to say I have no stake in it at all.

Everything is Year Zero to our enemies. They are rewriting and sweeping away everything that came before this year. So pushing back on every front is important. Otherwise you’re a National Review feeb “standing athwart the tide of history and yelling, ‘stop.'”

Buckley was beyond gay and so is the Teela Show.

Regardless, I understand why the Micheal Jackson Gen-Xers hate this abortion and it’s right that one of them drag it over a mile of carpet tacks and dip it in rubbing alcohol.

*There was also the Bruce Springsteen Gen-Xer but that was an incredibly sad thing that I’d rather not think about.

eeewwwwww.
    you just had to remind me of when Springsteen was pretending to love America, didn’t you?

July 24, 2021 at 1:40 pm

yeah, the Born In The USA tour. that was so much cringe.

July 24, 2021 at 1:51 pm
      • Skyler the Weird Reply

I just watched Gunpowder Milkshake for everyone. You can skip this Grrl Power John Wick too though it does show it they were going to have a Wimbly wambly Terminator movie in an alternate universe, they really needed the Lena Headley Sarah Connor.

July 25, 2021 at 2:48 am
        • Elrojo Reply

At least gunpowder milkshake showed how much having a 5-10” lead actress really helps sell the action scenes.

Some clever action scenes were not enough to save the recycled plot, and stupid ham fisted mentions of “girrlpowerz!” That took away from their recycled plot.

July 26, 2021 at 6:27 am
    • Chris Lopes Reply

I always thought of Springsteen fandom as a Boomer thing. Like “see kids, we’re still cool!”

July 25, 2021 at 5:44 am

i’m leading edge X, born in 67.
        i graduated high school in 1985 … the year Bruce was running his ‘Born in the USA’ tour.
        so yeah, Bruce ( a Vietnam era anti-war hippie pretending to be patriotic in the middle of Reagan’s two terms ) was primarily a late stage Boomer thing but sure there were some smooth brain GenX-ers who were onboard with that shitshow.

July 25, 2021 at 5:54 pm
        • Gator McCluskey Reply

Same here, and i cannot stand listening to anything off of that horrible album

July 25, 2021 at 7:06 pm
      • Moonglum Reply

Ditto. I finished high school in 1985 and I knew through frp gaming people a couple of years older than myself (already at university) and some of those were Springsteen fans who saw several of his gigs. They also liked Husker Du and Los Lobos. I’m not an American so I found the jingoistic USA aspect of Springteen at the time a bit much unlike these other non-Americans who were plenty keen on US football too. The 1984 LA Olympics had given me enough American patriotic passion for a lifetime.

My favorite animated action series which I’d watched a few years earlier was Battle of the Planets (the Sandy Frank butchered English dub of Gatchaman). My friends and I would mock He-Man after watching a few episodes in 1984-5. We nicknamed the landlord of the local pub Skeletor.

July 25, 2021 at 9:18 pm
  • Sasha Hrongmitts Reply

Oh come on. The real divide was He-Man vs. G.I. Joe. At that time the toys and cartoons were in direct competition with each other. We even argued amongst each other who was better.

July 24, 2021 at 2:50 pm
    • jorgen b Reply

I think that’s Gen-Y though. At one point it was He-man vs Thundercats. Transformers always won though.

July 24, 2021 at 7:43 pm

Yep. We used to do our physics homework after watching Thundercats.

July 25, 2021 at 2:19 am
      • Talos Valcoran Reply

“Transformers always won though.”

July 25, 2021 at 3:42 pm
  • Albert Reply

Then there were the few of us who were only allowed to watch PBS (instilling a life-long hatred of purple pedosaurs), so we practiced the art of sneaking every chance we could to watch Thunder Cats, He-Man, and Ninja Turtles.

July 24, 2021 at 3:16 pm
  • Michael Maier Reply

GI JOE kicked HE-MAN’s arse all over the place. That was an amazing toy line and the cartoons were way better. And the GI JOE comics are good, fun stuff for almost the entire first 100 issues.

So of course, SNAKE EYES is going to piss all over males to continue the trend, after those two horrific abortions called GI JOE films.

July 24, 2021 at 5:52 pm

“inter-generational”
    intRA-.
    inter- is when GenX teases Boomers about the Day of the Pillow.

July 24, 2021 at 11:11 pm

Speaking of reccys, have you checked out Mortal Engines? I missed it in the theater because by then I was done with Hollywood pissing all over beloved books.

But… The library threw up a copy, I checked it out and its … Good.

Even the SJW evil pale penis people vibe reads more as a combination of class infighting (true to Reeve*) and “I bet the CCP underwrote this flick”

July 25, 2021 at 2:23 am
    • Skyler the Weird Reply

I thought Jackson did a good job with the Movie version. There are many bits I liked better than the books. Too bad they’ll never film the other books at least for awhile.

July 25, 2021 at 2:53 am

A fine example of good art revealing something the artist may not have intended. The concept of the predator city ravaging countries and sucking up resources is a perfect analogy for our modern world.

July 25, 2021 at 11:53 am

The only surprise is the lack of pedastry

I thought the real genx fight was my little pony and care bears

July 25, 2021 at 9:34 am

Or was it Strawberry shortcake?

July 25, 2021 at 9:37 am

The My Little Pony fight is over. They are owned by Hasbro and they have gone deep off the Woke end.

July 25, 2021 at 12:05 pm
  • Talos Valcoran Reply

The tide of abuse Clownfish TV has been getting before and after the series airing makes me wonder if their industry insider access has a bunch of Hollywood types proper spooked.

July 25, 2021 at 3:44 pm
  • MrUNIVAC Reply

I’m a little too young for He-man but I did love me some Transformers and Thundercats back in the day, if you ask my parents.

Now if they start f***ing with the old Disney Afternoon cartoons…my rage will be fierce.

July 26, 2021 at 12:56 pm
  • Harry Goldblatt MD Reply

Of the three great entertainers that died prematurely, the greatest is Prince, then George Michael, and on a distant third place comes Michael Jackson.

July 27, 2021 at 11:20 am